ITC Category 2
A prerequisite for ITC Category 2 is that the student must hold a Category 1 certificate.
The five day Category 2 training course prepares you for qualification as a Category 2 certified Thermographer. You will learn about topics in Infrared Thermography to both deepen and broaden your knowledge about infrared physics, heat science, infrared measurement equipment and its application. As a Category 2 Thermographer you shall provide guidance to category 1 personnel in the areas of equipment selection, techniques, limitations, data analysis, corrective actions and reporting.
In order to attend a Category 2 Thermography Course, you shall
• hold a valid Level 1/ Category 1 Thermography certificate
• prepare a case study to be presented at the Category 2 course and submitted towards qualification at course closing.
Details and guidelines on the case study will be issued 2-3 weeks prior to the course start date.
- Introdcution to Thermography: Review of Level 1
- Temperature: Conversion factors between Kelvin, Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Heat Transfer Theory: Convection, conduction and radiation
- Thermography: Blackbodies, Emissivity, Planks/Boltzman/Newton/Wein's Laws
- IR Measurement Systems Overview: Details of different thermal imaging camera parameters
- Transient Thermographic NDT: Analyzed methids
- ITC Certification Test
Pricing for this type of course varies depending on the location and duration of the course. ITC offers this training in a 4-day as well as in a 5-day version. Content-wise both courses are identical.
|5 Days||5 Days||5 Days||5 Days|
|UK only||Central, North and Western Europe||Eastern, South and South Eastern Europe||Middle East|
|GBP 1.715,00||EUR 2.100,00||EUR 2.000,00||USD 2.730,00|
All prices are subject to local VAT rates.